STATEMENT REGARDING PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
VOUTSADAKIS SA (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") respects the security of your personal data and safeguards your privacy and personal data in accordance with the principles of legality and transparency. The personal data we collect and process depends on the product or service requested and agreed on by you on an individual basis.
This privacy statement is addressed to:
- Private individuals who are existing or potential clients of the Company
- Private individuals who are suppliers or contractors of the Company
- Visitors to the Company's premises
- Visitors to the Company’s website
- An overview of the reasons the Company collects and processes your personal data and the manner in which it processes it, in accordance with the relevant National Data Protection Law and the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) of the EU (GDPR)
- Information regarding third party recipients of this personal data, outside the Company, as well as the purpose of their receipt of your personal data
- Information regarding your rights to access, correct, delete, oppose and transfer your data.
For your convenience while reading this statement, we would like to inform you that personal data is hereby referred to as "private data", "personal data" or "personal information". In addition, the term "processing" refers to the collection, registration, use, adaptation or alteration, protection, transfer, storage and deletion / destruction of your personal data or any other action performed on it.
For the purposes of this statement, personal data is defined as any information about you that may or may not be used to identify you, including but not limited to, your name, address, email address, and identifying data related to your electronic identity, such as your Internet Protocol address or ID number.
This information is NOT intended for Private or Public Legal Entities.
- Categories of personal data we process
1.1 Categories of Personal Data
We collect and process personal data belonging to the following categories:
- Identification data, such as names, surnames, genders, IDs, AMKA Numbers, VAT Numbers, dates and places of birth, etc.
- Contact data, such as postal and email addresses, landlines and mobile phone numbers
- Financial and asset related data, such as occupation, income, bank account numbers, tax and income data
- Identifying data recorded by phone loggers or applications you use, such as your Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) or other data provided via electronic devices as location identifiers, as well as navigation data while you are using the Company website (Cookies)
- Video and audio data collected from closed circuit televisions (CCTVs) and recorded telephone conversation
- Information contained in the CV of prospective employees.
- Why we collect and process your personal data
As mentioned herein, we are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your data in a legal and transparent manner. Therefore, we collect and process personal data for the following reasons:
2.1 To provide a better service to you, as clients or suppliers of the Company
We process your personal information in order to provide you with products and services as well related information. Processing of this information serves the following purposes:
- To prepare and implement our contracts with you as clients or suppliers of the Company as well as to be able to communicate with you
- To provide information regarding the Company's products
- To send promotional and advertising information regarding the Company
- To keep you informed about products and services you already enjoy
- To conduct surveys
2.2 To manage Company operations
We process your personal data because it is necessary for the effective operation of the Company and in order to comply with the rules governing its operation. Processing of this information serves the following purposes:
- To safeguard the Company's legal interests before judicial and other authorities in any judicial or extrajudicial settlement of disputes
- To ensure the Company's compliance with its obligations under the applicable legal and regulatory framework, such as the directives and decisions of supervisory authorities and courts, tax law, etc.
- To recruit staff by posting job vacancy advertisements
- To conduct research on the use of our products and customer satisfaction to improve our services
- To ensure the safety individuals and assets of the Company, via the installation of CCTV systems
- To further expand Company activities, through promotions for new products and services.
Legal framework for processing data
Your personal data is processed in accordance with the principles of legality and transparency. Data processing is based on one or more of the following reasons:
- To implement a contract we have entered into with you. We may need to process your personal data to provide a product or service that you have already received or have requested
- To comply with our legal obligations. The Company must comply with the regulatory framework governing its operation.
- To safeguard our legitimate interests in the pursuit of legitimate business objectives. We use your personal information to make our communication with you more relevant and personalized and to create an effective and efficient information and communication channel for you regarding our products and services.
- Because you have given your consent. From time to time, we may need your consent to use your personal information for one or more of the purposes described above.
- Who are the recipients of your personal data
We may transfer your personal information for any of the reasons stated above (section 2) or if you have given us your consent. In the above circumstances, the recipients of personal data may be:
- Supervisory, regulatory, independent, judicial and public sector entities (e.g. relevant Tax Office) to the extent that there is a regulatory obligation
- Credit institutions, in order to implement contracts, orders and transactions with you
- To companies belonging to the same Business Group or in the same network of affiliates as the Company
- Associate law firms or associate lawyers, notaries as well as bailiffs to handle litigation or out-of-court cases
- Audit and / or accounting companies to meet the Company's obligations
- Companies that conduct research, analysis and promotion of products or services
- Companies that help us effectively deliver our services to you by providing know-how, solutions and support.
Your personal data is transmitted to third countries in which we operate as part of the processing of services provided by the company (i.e. outside the European Economic Area). In such cases your personal data may be transmitted if:
- An adequate level of data protection by the third country is ensured, in accordance with relevant rulings of the European Commission
- Appropriate safeguards have been provided for the lawful processing of the data by the recipient in accordance with relevant legislation.
In the absence of the above, transmission of data may only be performed if:
- Transmission is required as part of the implementation of your contract with the Company
- The transfer is performed to fullfill a contractual or legal obligation
- Transmission is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of the Company or to establish legal claims
- You have given your explicit consent.
- To what degree is there an automated decision-making process, including establishing a profie
We do not use an automated decision-making process when creating and conducting a business activity.
In the event that we do proceed with an automated profile-making process in the future we will request your explicit consent in advance.
- How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal data for at least as long as we maintain a contractual relationship with you.
The retention period of your data also depends on: (i) legislative requirements, e.g. tax laws, data retention requirements (ii) the nature and requirements of our relationship with you.
After our contractual relationship with you expires, we will hold your personal information for up to twenty (20) years.
Your data is retained in order to:
- Respond to requests, queries and complaints regarding the legal and transparent processing of your data
- Comply with our statutory obligations
- Protect the legal interests of the Company in the event of litigation.
More specifically, image data from video surveillance systems at our business premises or at the Company's entrances shall be retained for no longer than fifteen (15) days from the date of recording, and audio data from your telephone conversations (if call recorders are activated) shall be retained for one (1) year from the date of the conversation unless you or the General Secretariat for Consumer Protection request their retention.
In the event that the required period of retention of your data elapses, it will be deleted from the Company's databases unless their further retention is required by the need to comply with relevant statutory provisions or a contractual obligation of the Company.
- Your rights regarding personal data
As subjects of the data we hold, you have the following rights:
The right to access your personal data. This enables you for example, to receive a copy of the personal information we retain about you and verify that we process it legally, as well as request a copy of your personal data in a structured, machine-readable format so that you may transmit this data to other organizations.
- Request the correction of personal data we retain about you. This enables you to correct any incomplete or inaccurate data we retain about you.
- To request the deletion of your personal information (known as the "right to be forgotten"). This allows you to request that we delete your personal data when there is no valid reason to continue processing it.
- To oppose the processing of your personal data (known as the "right of opposition") if the processing is performed for commercial purposes or is based on the legitimate interests of the Company.
To request restrictions on the processing of your personal data. This allows you to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data, that is, to use it only in certain cases if:
- You have doubts regarding their accuracy
- It have been used illegally, but you do not wish us to delete it
- They are no longer needed, but you wish to keep them for possible use in legal claims
- You have already requested us to stop using your personal data, but are waiting for us to confirm if we have legitimate reasons to use it
To submit your request, you may apply in writing to the appropriate Company department or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company is obligated to respond to any requests by you within thirty (30) days from the date of receipt. In exceptional cases, this deadline may be extended for an additional sixty (60) days, in which case you will be informed.
Furthermore, you may file a complaint with the Personal Data Protection Authority if you believe that your personal data is not processed in accordance with the terms herein.
- How we protect your personal data
The Company undertakes all necessary technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data relating to accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, prohibited dissemination or access and any other form of improper processing. The Company complies fully with all the principles regarding processing of personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data
VOUTSADAKIS SA Dabasi, Ag. Thomas, Inofita, Viotia is responsible for the processing of your personal data.